From Rhoddy's Bay near Braeside, Ontario, Canada, Heather is a mixed media painter and printmaker who expresses herself through the abstract qualities of shape, colour, line, pattern, form and texture.
Intuitive expression is at the core of her art, stimulating the viewers' perception and imagination to "feel" and experience the paintings from their own personal perspective.
Her love of vibrant colour and strong design shows up in all her work.
"Art exists as an interdependence of audience and work".
- completed 2 years at Commerce High School (1988-1990) in the Special Arts Program under well-known Ottawa artist Wilma Pinkus (Drawing and Painting, Life Drawing, Graphic Design, Illustration, Layout and Photography).
- Ottawa School of Art - courses in Pastel Painting, Oil Painting, Linocut Printing, Monoprint and Collage and Intaglio Printmaking.
- various workshops in pastel, watercolour, gouache, oil, clay sculpture, collage and mixed media.
- numerous classes with private teacher in art therapy.
- studied at the Handprint Studio, Harrogate, U.K. under English Printmaker Peter Wray in various methods of non-toxic etching and collagraph printmaking.